This is the challenge site for the Hanoi locus of the dual-city Hackathon 2014 organized by Formation 8. There is a second location in Ho Chi Minh City.
Please apply on the hackathon website by July 15th first. Do not make a submission without first applying on the hackathon site.
$12,750 in prizes
First Place - Hanoi
$11500 is cash value for:
A round trip for all winning team members to Silicon Valley to visit Formation|8 portfolio companies,
Introduction to Silicon Valley’s top VC’s and Formation|8 portfolio companies.
Dinner with Formation|8 team
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Any student, developer or technology enthusiast in Vietnam who can travel to Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City on the day of the hackathon.
Teams may comprise of no more than 4 members.
Submissions should attempt to follow one of the following themes:
- Connecting More With Mobile,
- Social Networking across Regional Cultures,
- Integrating Technology into Education,
- Pushing Wearables into Everyday,
- Spirit of Innovation
How to enter
Please apply on the hackathon website first. Do not make a submission on ChallengePost without first applying on the hackathon site.
One Kings Lane
Advisor to Formation 8
Tuan Anh Bui
1) Importance of the problem 2) Applicability and topic development 3) Large scale application
1) Novelty of idea 2) Novelty of approach 3) Novelty of design
1) Potential for creation to be a startup 2) Can it be immediately implemented 3) Creation meets the application requirements set out?
1) Team effectively presents creation in allotted time 2) Team expressed confidence while presenting 3) Team expressed an effective future strategy
1) Do similar products exist? 2) Is the product intuitive, clear and understandable?
1) Does the product address a current need? 2) Is the product a necessity for the consumer? 3) Can the product improve everyday life for the consumer?